Palace Sports and Entertainment Jobs
Current available jobs in Sales & Marketing:
» Group Sales Account Executive - Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment (Auburn Hills, MI)
We are seeking coachable, driven, and enthusiastic Inside Sales Executives to sell full and partial season ticket memberships, group outings, and premium seating. Under the guidance of the Director of Inside Sales, you will have the opportunity grow your career in the Sports Industry and make an impact in an NBA Ticketing Department. The Inside Sales Executive position is a full-time, entry level sales position that will be used to develop our future stars in the sports industry. We are committed to preparing you to take the next step in your career!
Apply soon as we are looking to fill TWO final roles for our upcoming class!
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Selling new full season tickets, partial season ticket plans, group tickets and single game luxury suites
- Making 80 phone calls per day
- Setting a minimum of two appointments per day; showing seats, and giving arena tours with the intent to close business
- Completing assigned campaign tasks on time
- Proactively seeking new leads through referrals, networking, and prospecting businesses
- Answering incoming single game ticket calls with the ability to up-sell callers into packages, groups, and suite rentals
- Representing our organization at in-house events and off-site community events with the intent to prospect new business and build relationships
- Maximizing prospecting events and game days by hosting no less than two prospects at each event
- Maintaining accurate and detailed records of all current clients and prospects with our CRM system
- Providing excellent customer service to prospects and current clients over the phone and at games
- Attending weekly meetings and role-play training sessions
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Sports Management or Professional Sales major preferred
- Must be highly self-motivated and have a desire to excel in sales
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Individuals must be coachable and possess a positive attitude
- Consistent attendance and on-time arrival daily and on all game nights
- Exhibit characteristics of high level salesmanship
- Ability to deliver exemplary customer service
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as necessary (typical hours will be Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm on non-event days, and will extend through the completion of the event on event days)
It is strongly recommended you include a 1-4 minute video elevator pitch in your application. Be sure to state:
- Your name & school and/or current employer and role?
- Why sales and Palace Sports & Entertainment?
- Briefly describe the greatest contribution you’ve made to your current employer.
- How would your current employer or teammates describe your work ethic?
- Give 1-2 examples of ways you continually look to improve yourself personally/professionally outside of the office.
- Why should we hire you?
As a member of our Group Sales team, you'll be responsible for selling a comprehensive array of Palace Sports & Entertainment ticket related products for all properties, with a strong emphasis on group, hospitality and single game suite rental inventory. Other products include season ticket memberships, partial ticket plans, long term suite leases, and group/season ticket-related inventory for Little Cesar’s Arena.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Upholding sales of new Full, Partial and Group Outing ticket packages, as well as Single Game Suite Rentals and Annual Suite Leases to both the business and consumer sectors for Pistons and non-basketball related events
- Maintain business relationships with a pre-determined book of business for on-going renewal and upsell opportunities
- Meet and exceed established weekly, monthly and annual sales goals
- Implement and demonstrate outbound sales efforts by using sales and service best practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation, referral gathering, data capture and personal database management
- Generate a pre-determined minimum number of outgoing phone calls per day with the purpose of creating new business opportunities
- Generate a pre-determined minimum number of weekly out of office as well as in arena “face-to-face” meetings to create new business opportunities
- Provide a superior level of customer service to all ticket buyers, regardless of level of purchase
- Continually create and implement unique sales strategies, ideas and programs as a means of producing new business opportunities
- Contribute positively to the sales team culture by developing mutually beneficial working relationships with all team members
- Participate and contribute to daily or weekly sales team meetings and training sessions
- Active involvement in at least one specified networking group, to assist in creating new sales opportunities
- Consult with clients to determine objectives for group outings/events; develop and facilitate programs, agendas, and fan experiences aligned with customer requirements
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
- A four-year college degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of two years of successful sales experience with a well-established network of clients in the Detroit Metro area preferred
- Strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills; excellent oral and written communication
- Exceptional active listening, service orientation, and customer and personal service skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously and adhere to deadlines is key.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook) as well as the ability to learn and master new software programs including the CRM platform (Salesforce) and ticketing system (Ticketmaster Archtics) is essential.
- Must have the ability to navigate the arena in order to visit clients during home games and escort potential customers on seat tours, showing various seating options and facilities on both game days and non-game days.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ