Palace Sports and Entertainment Jobs
Current available jobs in Sales & Marketing:
» Promotional Team Member - Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment (Auburn Hills, MI)
» Inside Sales Executive - Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment (Auburn Hills, MI)
As a Group Sales Account Executive, you will sell a comprehensive array of Palace Sports & Entertainment ticket related products for all properties, with a strong emphasis on group, hospitality and single game suite rental inventory. Other products include season tickets, partial ticket plans and long term suite leases.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Upholding sales of full, partial and group outing ticket packages, as well as single game suite rentals and annual suite leases to business and consumer sectors for Pistons and non-basketball related events.
- Maintaining business relationships for on-going renewal and upsell opportunities.
- Meeting and exceeding established weekly, monthly and annual sales goals.
- Implementing outbound sales efforts through the utilization of sales and service best practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation, referral gathering, capturing data and personal database management.
- Generating outgoing phone calls with the purpose of creating new business opportunities.
- Maintaining weekly out of office and in arena “face-to-face” meetings to create new business.
- Providing a superior level of customer service to all ticket buyers.
- Creating and implementing unique sales strategies, ideas and programs as a means of producing new business opportunities.
- Participating and contributing to daily or weekly sales team meetings and training sessions.
- Actively involve networking groups to assist in creating new sales opportunities.
- Consulting with clients to determine objectives for group outings and events.
- Developing and facilitating programs, agendas, and fan experiences aligned with customer requirements.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
- A four-year college degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of two years of successful sales experience with a well-established network of clients in the Detroit Metro area preferred.
- Established network of clients in the Detroit Metro area preferred, but not necessary.
- Strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Exceptional active listening, service orientation, and customer and personal service skills.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously and adhere to deadlines is key.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook) as well as the ability to learn and master new software programs including the CRM platform (Salesforce) and ticketing system (Ticketmaster Archtics) is essential.
- Must have the ability to navigate the arena in order to visit clients during home games and escort potential customers on seat tours, showing various seating options and facilities on both game days and non-game days.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
As a member of the Palace Sports & Entertainment (PS&E) promotions team you will work to raise awareness of the PS&E brand and educate guests on fan club memberships and offerings.
Job locations will include, The Palace of Auburn Hills as well as DTE Energy Music Theatre for the 2017 Summer Concert Series.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Initiating fan engagement within Affinity Clubs at all PS&E events.
- Communicating and educating fans on the perks and benefits of the Blue Room Fan Affinity Club and assisting guests in participating in the Blue Room activation at select concerts
- Assisting with set-up and tear down of promotional signage and giveaway items at events.
- Assisting with other promotional duties as needed
- Ability to take on special projects and responsibilities
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High School diploma, or equivalent, is required.
- Must have experience in promotions, events, marketing or related field.
- An enthusiastic, friendly and reliable team player attitude is required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to bend, walk the facility, stand for an extended period of time and lift approximately 30 lbs.
- Must be available and reliable to work scheduled PS&E concerts and events (includes nights, weekends and holidays
We are seeking coachable, driven, and enthusiastic Inside Sales Executives to sell full and partial season ticket memberships, group outings, and premium seating. Under the guidance of the Director of Inside Sales, you will have the opportunity grow your career in the Sports Industry and make an impact in an NBA Ticketing Department. The Inside Sales Executive position is a full-time, entry level sales position that will be used to develop our future stars in the sports industry. We are committed to preparing you to take the next step in your career!
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Selling new full season tickets, partial season ticket plans, group tickets and single game luxury suites
- Making 80 phone calls per day
- Setting a minimum of two appointments per day; showing seats, and giving arena tours with the intent to close business
- Completing assigned campaign tasks on time
- Proactively seeking new leads through referrals, networking, and prospecting businesses
- Answering incoming single game ticket calls with the ability to up-sell callers into packages, groups, and suite rentals
- Representing our organization at in-house events and off-site community events with the intent to prospect new business and build relationships
- Maximizing prospecting events and game days by hosting no less than two prospects at each event
- Maintaining accurate and detailed records of all current clients and prospects with our CRM system
- Providing excellent customer service to prospects and current clients over the phone and at games
- Attending weekly meetings and role-play training sessions
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Sports Management or Professional Sales major preferred
- Must be highly self-motivated and have a desire to excel in sales
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Individuals must be coachable and possess a positive attitude
- Consistent attendance and on-time arrival daily and on all game nights
- Exhibit characteristics of high level salesmanship
- Ability to deliver exemplary customer service
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as necessary (typical hours will be Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm on non-event days, and will extend through the completion of the event on event days)
It is strongly recommended you include a 1-4 minute video elevator pitch in your application. Be sure to state:
- Your name & school and/or current employer and role?
- Why sales and Palace Sports & Entertainment?
- Briefly describe the greatest contribution you’ve made to your current employer.
- How would your current employer or teammates describe your work ethic?
- Give 1-2 examples of ways you continually look to improve yourself personally/professionally outside of the office.
- Why should we hire you?
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please include the YouTube/Vimeo link to your video elevator pitch. Make sure the link is not private.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ