Palace Sports and Entertainment Jobs
Current available jobs in Facility Operations:
» Conversions Crew Member - Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment (Auburn Hills, MI)
As the Groundskeeper, you'll be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of Palace Sports & Entertainment properties, venues and grounds. You'll work closely with the Property Management team to keep all properties in excellent condition, ensuring that debris and trash are removed after each event.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Maintaining venues and grounds.
- Managing the landscaping, parking lots, sidewalks, and stairs.
- Removing any and all debris following games, concerts or events by using a sweeper truck.
- Assisting the conversions department as needed and with their daily procedures.
- Transporting fleet vehicles to various repair shops.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- A committed, hardworking and proactive team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to bend, walk the facility, stand for an extended period of time and lift approximately 60 lbs.
- Must be capable of working outside in a variety of environmental conditions (heat, cold, humidity, high wind, snow, or rain).
- Willing to work irregular hours including holidays and weekends.
- A committed, hardworking and resourceful person.
- A positive attitude and a self-starter.
We are seeking part-time Conversion Crew Members who will be responsible for assisting with the assembly and removal of event and non-event items at our outdoor concert venues (DTE Energy Music Theatre, Meadow Brook Amphitheatre and Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedhom Hill). The Conversion Crew will be responsible for the assembly, removal, and relocation of office equipment and related items. Conversions is a behind the scenes operation which performs much of the labor and job detail in an after hours environment and is responsible for the start and finish of most events. This position is part-time and the hourly rate of pay is $11.00/hour.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Assembling and dismantling various arena event components including concerts, trade shows and other events
- Assisting with the assembly, removal, and relocation of office equipment and related items
- Operating company vehicles including trucks and forklifts as necessary
- Delivering large items to offices and other company owned locations
- Adjusting to requirements as supervised instruction indicates
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- May be required to qualify for and obtain a forklift and/or a motor vehicle permit
- Ability to communicate job-related concerns and desires
- Must be able to follow simple instructions and policies as dictated by the Employee Handbook
- Ability to safely lift, push, pull, or tilt objects weighing up to 2500 lbs. with assistance
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time (up to but not limited to eight hours)
- Must be capable of working indoors as well as outside in a variety of environmental conditions (heat, cold, humidity, high wind, snow, or rain)
- Must be able to arrive on time and function responsibily, safely and alertly during scheduled shifts (often eight or more hours) as events dictate
- Ability to work shifts that include nights, weekends, and holidays
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ