Palace Sports and Entertainment Jobs
Current available jobs in Facility Operations:
» Groundskeeper - Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment (Auburn Hills, MI)
We are seeking part-time Guest Service Hosts/Hostesses that are able to work at DTE Energy Music Theatre, Meadow Brook Amphitheatre, and Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill throughout our 2017 Summer Concert Series. As a Guest Service Host/Hostess, you will be responsible for assisting guests with ticket entry, finding their seats, answering general questions about the venue, and monitoring your assigned area.
This position is part-time and event-based with a starting rate of $9.50/hour.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Maintaining a professional appearance throughout the duration of the event
- Elevate guest experiences by going above and beyond
- Warm welcome and fond farewells to all guests upon arrival and departure.
- Monitoring section entrances, exits, and suites: checking tickets upon entry, escorting guests to their seats, and communicating PS&E policies to guests
- Maintaining clear exits in aisles to promote a safe environment
- Answering a variety of questions regarding the venue in a polite and respectful manner
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to read tickets and direct guests to their seats when asked
- Understand the layout of the venue to communicate to guests
- Excellent verbal communication & strong communication skills
- Ability to stand for duration of the shift (generally 6 to 8 hours)
- Ability to walk stairs and aisles in order to escort guests to their seats
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays (call times are generally between 5:00 – 5:30PM)
As the Groundskeeper, you'll be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of Palace Sports & Entertainment properties, venues and grounds. You'll work closely with the Property Management team to keep all properties in excellent condition, ensuring that debris and trash are removed after each event.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Maintaining venues and grounds.
- Managing the landscaping, parking lots, sidewalks, and stairs.
- Removing any and all debris following games, concerts or events by using a sweeper truck.
- Assisting the conversions department as needed and with their daily procedures.
- Transporting fleet vehicles to various repair shops.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- A committed, hardworking and proactive team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to bend, walk the facility, stand for an extended period of time and lift approximately 60 lbs.
- Must be capable of working outside in a variety of environmental conditions (heat, cold, humidity, high wind, snow, or rain).
- Willing to work irregular hours including holidays and weekends.
- A committed, hardworking and resourceful person.
- A positive attitude and a self-starter.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ