Palace Sports and Entertainment Jobs
Current available jobs in Facility Operations:
» Guest Services Host - Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment (Auburn Hills, MI)
» Conversions Crew Member - Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment (Auburn Hills, MI)
As the Groundskeeper, you'll be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of Palace Sports & Entertainment properties, venues and grounds. You'll work closely with the Property Management team to keep all properties in excellent condition, ensuring that debris and trash are removed after each event.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Maintaining venues and grounds.
- Managing the landscaping, parking lots, sidewalks, and stairs.
- Removing any and all debris following games, concerts or events by using a sweeper truck.
- Assisting the conversions department as needed and with their daily procedures.
- Transporting fleet vehicles to various repair shops.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- A committed, hardworking and proactive team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to bend, walk the facility, stand for an extended period of time and lift approximately 60 lbs.
- Must be capable of working outside in a variety of environmental conditions (heat, cold, humidity, high wind, snow, or rain).
- Willing to work irregular hours including holidays and weekends.
- A committed, hardworking and resourceful person.
- A positive attitude and a self-starter.
We are seeking part-time Guest Service Hosts/Hostesses that are able to work at all four of our venues – The Palace of Auburn Hills, DTE Energy Music Theatre, Meadow Brook Amphitheatre, and Freedom Hill Amphitheatre. As a Guest Service Host/Hostess, you will be responsible for assisting guests with ticket entry, finding their seats, answering general questions about the venue, and monitoring your assigned area.
This position is part-time and event-based with a starting rate of $9.50/hour.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Maintaining a professional appearance throughout the duration of the event
- Elevate guest experiences by going above and beyond
- Warm welcome and fond farewells to all guests upon arrival and departure.
- Monitoring section entrances, exits, and suites: checking tickets upon entry, escorting guests to their seats, and communicating PS&E policies to guests
- Maintaining clear exits in aisles to promote a safe environment
- Answering a variety of questions regarding the venue in a polite and respectful manner
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to read tickets and direct guests to their seats when asked
- Understand the layout of the venue to communicate to guests
- Excellent verbal communication & strong communication skills
- Ability to stand for duration of the shift (generally 6 to 8 hours)
- Ability to walk stairs and aisles in order to escort guests to their seats
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays (call times are generally between 5:00 – 5:30PM)
We are seeking part-time Conversion Crew Members who will be responsible for assisting with the assembly and removal of event and non-event items. The Conversion Crew will also engage in the assembly, removal, and relocation of office equipment and related items. Conversions is a behind the scenes operation which performs much of the labor and job detail in an after hours environment and is responsible for the start and finish of most events. This position is part-time and the hourly rate of pay is $11.00/hour.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Assembling and dismantling various arena event components including the basketball floor, concerts, trade shows and other PS&E events
- Assisting with the assembly, removal, and relocation of office equipment and related items
- Operating PS&E vehicles including trucks and forklifts as necessary
- Delivering large items to offices and other company owned locations
- Adjusting to requirements as supervised instruction indicates
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- May be required to qualify for and obtain a forklift and/or a PS&E motor vehicle permit
- Ability to communicate job-related concerns and desires
- Must be able to follow simple instructions and policies as dictated by the Employee Handbook
- Ability to safely lift, push, pull, or tilt objects weighing up to 2500 lbs. with assistance
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time (up to but not limited to eight hours)
- Must be capable of working indoors as well as outside in a variety of environmental conditions (heat, cold, humidity, high wind, snow, or rain)
- Must be able to arrive on time and function responsibily, safely and alertly during scheduled shifts (often eight or more hours) as events dictate
- Ability to work shifts that include nights, weekends, and holidays
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ